Are You A Gadget Freak?
You bought that latest laptop with a core i5 processor and are the king of the world for next few weeks.
Then you start thinking –
“Do I need a better internet connection to make use of the prowess?”
After some time are you again freaking out to have the latest one which has just arrived in the market?
1. THE SOCIAL FREAK
In the case of this kind of freak, a Phone/PDA/Tablet is his most helpful assistant. He carries it everywhere and can’t live without. He will access his blog, Facebook page and his twitter account to show his friends that latest funny thing he experienced on the way home or how he felt strongly about the sorry state of affairs in his city.
You can identify such a freak based on the urgency with which he announces the arrival to his holiday destination.
2. THE HARDWARE JUNKY
For a hardware junky, it would be the number of pixels added to the next version of the iPad, the advent of dual core processor phones and tablets or the new offer of an extra mbps of bandwidth at the same cost. the pure thrill of increased capability he holds in his hands is what makes his world spin.
A junky can be identified based on how eager he is to ditch his existing device to upgrade to the newer one, whether he needs the increased power or not.
3. THE PASSION MONGER
These are known for the brand loyalty, which Apple enjoys the most. Apple lovers are ready to pay double for the same hardware and non standard software, wait in lines for a night or two when a new product hits the store. some only buy products of that company just because it has been launched by them.
This cult status is achieved by continuous innovation, challenging standards and delivering on promises.
4. THE LEARNED ONE
This guy is the tech torchbearer of his peers. He loves staying up to date with the latest information and releases. He gets a high when his friends and relatives seek advice from him for their next phone or laptop. He can also guide you about when to purchase the product since the next version is just around the corner.
You can find these knowledgeable ones in your office, college or even in your friend circle.
5. THE ARCHITECT
An architect is a visionary. He strives to achieve a balanced ecosystem in his gadget universe. for someone who owns an Android phone for personal use, Blackberry for professional, an iPod for music, an iPad for reading movies etc, a wi-fi HD media player for watching his favourite movies, a PSP for gaming and last we forget his PC!
People who have three or more gadgets with them at a time belongs to this particular category.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS
- 2 years till today, the number of people accessing the internet via a mobile phone has increased by 60.3% to 818.4 million.
- 1.7 billion mobiles were sold in 2012. The three largest sellers were Samsung, Nokia and Apple handsets. Combined sales of the three were 850million.
- It took vodafone less than nine years to reach the one million customers mark. They reached two million in just 18 months later.
- Twitter is the fastest growing social network in the world by active users. It has 288 million monthly active users.
ARE YOU A GADGET FREAK? FIND OUT WITH THIS QUIZ
GADGET FREAK RESULTS
- 0 to 40 %You’re not great with technology, but dabble. Internet does not interest you much and you probably play sports and actually have a significant other life.
- 50 to 70%You recognize that you’re a little too plugged in and you’re trying to quit. Your tech addictions are starting to ruin your social interactions.
- 80 to 90%You’re addicted, but you have no desire to quit. You really should consider counselling.
- 100%You get all shaky when you thing about technology, always searching for your next fix. You’ve considered constructing a biotech bathtub for your body to lie in, so you can plug your consciousness permanently into the internet.
If this gadget addiction started disturbing your personal and professional (or college) life then its time to get over it. Now the question is HOW? Well here are few options.
- Restrict usage time
- Don’t compare your gadget with others
- Take rest
- Don’t use gadget while socializing
- Be physically active