Find UDID and serial number of an iPhone and iPad
If you are looking for the way to find the UDID or Serial number of your iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone then you are on the right place. Now a days it’s difficult to find on your Device but in past they were printed on the back of the device. There are still several ways you can obtain this information either natively on your device or via iTunes.
Here are simple steps to find UDID number and Serial:
For Finding Serial Number:
This is the most common and easiest way to find the serial number of you iDevice using setting
- Tap Settings and go into General.
- Click About.
- When you scroll down you’ll see quite a bit of device information including your serial number. (As a side note, users on 4.x will not see the UDID/ICCID number on your device like in the picture above. I believe this is a new feature in iOS 5.
if you want to see the serial number while you device is now in working condition still you can find the serial number by just using the SIM tray of you iOS device, all you need to do is just pull out the SIM tray and there it is.
For Finding UDID numbers:
The following step will helps you to find the UDID numbers
- Open iTunes and plugged your device in and you will see your device name and information. Tap on phone number couple of times and it will eventually show your UDID number (also known as ICCID).
- If you want to save this number, simply go to the top of iTunes and click Edit and then Copy. This will paste your UDID number to the clipboard. From there you can easily copy it into an e-mail or text document.
To view your UDID number from on your device, use the following steps –
- Download a UDID app from the App Store. There are several available and most are free. I use UDID by Sean White (Free – iTunes Link)
- Simply open the program and it will give you all of your device information.
- You can then copy it into an e-mail or just view it.
You can easily view the information through programs like UDID those are convenient if you are not at home to plug into iTunes and want to access the information quickly.
Still you can get this information if you have a previous backup file saved as “UDID- Date” Simply navigate to the following location and view your UDID as the name of your backup –
Backup locations in Windows
Backup locations in Mac OS X
Have you used any of these methods or a different one? How’d they work for you?
[Via Tipb ]