Open Windows After Forgetting Your Password
What you do when you forget your system’s password. Formatting your pc and installing OS again is not really a cool idea. And re-installing the whole operating system and all of your application is really a very big deal and time consuming task. So when you lost your password, don’t think about formatting your pc.
I am gonna tell you today how to reset your windows password without knowing the current password or you can also say hacking or cracking windows password. This trick is really very useful when you forget your password.
Note: This article is not related to hacking and we are not promoting any hacking content. This is only for educational purpose and for recovering lost password.
THINGS NEEDED FOR RESETTING WINDOWS PASSWORD
- Bootable Pendrive with a Live OS (Linux, Backtrack, Fedora etc.)
RESETTING THE WINDOWS PASSWORD
Setting Up Back Door
- Plugin your USB Device or Insert your Optical Disc
- Start your pc with USB device or disc you inserted
- Once your pc is started you can access all files.
- Go to C:WindowsSystem32
- Find sethc.exe and delete this file
- Now find cmd and rename it to sethc
- You’re done
Resetting Your Password
Now your back door is ready to enter the pc. Just turn on your pc normally. Now you will be prompted to enter password on login.
- Press Shift Key 5 times rapidly
- Command Prompt will open
- Type this command
- Hit enter
- Password is changed
Note: It will only work for Windows 7 or earlier version of windows. Unfortunately on windows 8 we need to open command prompt as administrator to change password. It is still possible to do it with windows with a little tweak. Just keep reading to know how.
RESETTING PASSWORD IN WINDOWS 8 OR 8.1
- Open your pc.
- Press Shift Key 5 times and you will see the command prompt.
- Type taskmgr and hit enter; task manager will open.
- Click on File -> Run new task; Run window will open
- Type cmd and tick on Run this task as administrative priviledge and hit enter
- You will see the command prompt
- Change the password with net user command