Permanent Link for Google Drive Files | Direct Download Link for Google Drives Files
I think everyone are familiar with Google Drive. It is a file synchronization and storage device provided by Google. It is very much better than other storage services like mediafire. Google drive is giving 5gb of free space to every Google account. There are a lots of other features available in google drive as well. A blogger can use google drive as their web server. They can host their files which they want to give to their user for downloading. Now if you are using google drive then you might don’t know that where you can get the direct link of you files hosted in your google drive. That is what I am gonna tell you.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH GOOGLE DRIVE
- Host any type of files
- Host your html pages
- Embed your html pages with iframe in your blog posts
- Long term storage. Unlike mediafire you files will never be removed.
- No limit for individual files. You can upload upto 5gb of files in a free account.
GENERATING DIRECT LINKS
- Right Click on your file
- Go to share and then again click on share from the pop menu
- Click on change below who has access
- On visibility option select the first option Public on the web
- Save your settings
- Open the file with google drive viewer
- See the address bar of your browser
- The code after /file/d/ is your file ID. See the image above for help.
- Replace the [key] with your file id in the following URLs.
These are your direct links to your files. Use the first two URLs’ for downloading the files. If you want to embed images or custom html pages in your blog or anywhere else with google drive then use the last URL. You can easily host your custom HTML pages in google drive as well.